When the hype of the holidays passes and everyone is back to work in chilly winter temps, it’s easy to fall into a seasonal slump.
What can you do while you wait for warmer weather?
With these top 3 winter essential oils, you can fight off some of the major challenges following winter weather like dry and irritated skin, cold and flu season, and mood fluctuations.
Here are BluZen’s best essential oil blends to carry you through the winter drudgery until the sunshine returns.
1.) Eucalyptus Oil
What can eucalyptus oil do for you this winter?
- Clears airways to decongest and soothe pesky winter colds, coughs, and flu. As it gets colder, people tend to stay indoors more which increases the opportunity for viruses to spread. This oil supports respiratory health and can loosen the mucus to improve coughs. There’s a reason eucalyptus oil is one of the best essential oils for colds. It's found in an array of cough syrups and chest rubs in traditional medicines worldwide.
- Soothes skin and cold sores through its anti-inflammatory properties. Cold sores are more prevalent during the winter due to the dry air irritating and breaking skin barriers. A paper in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology indicated that eucalyptus oil could decrease inflammation.
- Improves mood and can relieve headaches. The fresh and invigorating scent has properties including cineole and limonene that can act as pain relievers. The oil is widely accepted as one that can promote relaxation too.
2.) Lavender Oil
What can lavender oil do for you this winter?
- Help heal wounds, minor burns, and bug bites, and deter the growth of fungal infections. Winter seasons often gather loved ones around the fire. Unfortunately, unwelcomed critters often make an appearance, or accidents near the fire can happen too. Cue lavender oil to the rescue.
- Ease anxiety and help alleviate symptoms of depression. Seasonal depression is real. The calming properties of lavender make it one of the top essential oils for depression. You may notice that if you ever go get a massage, they often use lavender oil as it’s known to help calm the body, and relieve stress, and anxiety.
- Promote deeper and calmer sleep. Days get shorter in the winter season and prioritizing sleep becomes more important than ever. Diffusing lavender oil can improve sleep. Studies show lavender oil can cause less delays in falling asleep, longer sleep duration, fewer sleep disorders, less need for sleep medications, and better daily functioning.
What can tea tree oil do for you this winter?
- Purify the winter air. The vapors from tea tree oil can clean germs and molds in the indoor air. It’s often used as a natural method to purify indoor air in homes, offices, cruise ships, and hotels through its antiseptic, antiviral, and fungicidal properties.
- Assist in fighting acne. The winter air can affect our skin health, but tea tree oil contains vital compounds that reduce the bacteria on the skin's surface that contribute to acne production. It can also help to calm the skin and reduce redness.
- Moisturize dry skin and scalp. According to Ava Shamban, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist based in Beverly Hills, tea tree oil calms, soothes, cools, and eliminates flaking from atopic scalp conditions, which she recommends for all her patients with any form of dandruff, or flare-ups of with eczema or psoriasis.
How to Use Winter Essential Oils
Here are a few ways you can use your essential oil blends to maximize all of their benefits this winter season.
- Splash a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil onto the walls before you jump in the shower and soon, you’ll be able to breathe a little easier.
- Mix 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil with one teaspoon of a carrier oil (like coconut or jojoba oil), and apply topically to any affected skin area like cold sores.
- Rub 2 or 3 drops of lavender oil in your cupped palms, then use deep inhalations before bed for better sleep results.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo or moisturizer to help reduce dandruff, itchy scalp, or dried-out skin.
- Use a diffuser and add eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, or tea tree oil, to inhale the winter essential oils over longer periods.
Quality Winter Essential Oils with BluZen
While the holiday season has wrapped up, winter is still in full force! When you incorporate these top winter essential oil blends that cleanse, uplift, and energize, you can help to counter any unwelcoming internal and external effects of winter. But, be weary of diluted oils from sketchy manufacturers. Find the best essential oil blends at BluZen that are ethically sourced, and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil - 15 ml
Products We Love
Let’s talk BluZen! We offer a range of products designed to enlighten, engage and ease the daily lives of many. Check out what our wellness lovers are buzzing about.
We saved your cart!
Psst, do you want 10% off your
first purchase and free shipping?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.