The self-care and mental health conversation is stronger than ever. Now, people are more open with their struggles and they meet vulnerability with compassion. This delightful shift is long overdue but very welcome.
Self-care tips for mental health are available in books, blogs, podcasts, and social posts. To help make your path to self-care a little easier, we’ve created the ultimate guide to self-care with our best tips for mental health so you can find what works for you in one spot.
The Importance of Mental Health Self-Care
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, “Mental health is more than the absence of a mental illness—it’s essential to your overall health and quality of life. Self-care can play a role in maintaining your mental health.”
Here are some tips from NIMH:
- Get regular exercise. Getting outside and moving can make a big difference. 30 minutes of walking can help you feel better emotionally and physically.
- Eat healthy, regular meals and stay hydrated. Have less caffeine, more water, and a balanced diet to promote more energy and focus.
- Make sleep a priority. Stay away from the blue light on your devices before you sleep, and create a healthy sleep schedule.
- Try a relaxing activity. Try meditation, mindfulness, and muscle relaxation. Make time for activities you enjoy such as journaling or creating art.
- Prioritize. Give yourself credit for the things you’re doing well and say no to new tasks when you don’t have the capacity for them.
- Practice gratitude. Identify and adjust unhelpful thinking patterns and focus on the good.
- Stay connected. Build and maintain relationships with family members and friends.
Aromatherapy for Self-Care
According to the American College of Healthcare Sciences, “Aromatherapy triggers the relaxation response necessary for self-care. The relaxation response can be triggered by doing something you like, such as deep breathing, walking, and self-massage.”
The beauty of aromatherapy for self-care is its versatility. There’s an essential oil for practically everything. You can create any atmosphere or environment you want with aromatherapy from BluZen.
Tools for Self-Care
Self-care tools can drastically improve your quality of life if you travel frequently, work from home, or dream about better sleep. We carry several products for mental health self-care, including posture correctors, cushions, pillows, massagers, and diffusers to help you create a peaceful life.
With the right tools, you can relieve stress, improve sleep, increase comfort, and more. The sky’s the limit with BluZen wellness.
Find the Self-Care Routine That Works for You
Refreshing your routine to put more of an emphasis on self-care for your mental health might take some trial and error, but it can make all the difference in your life. Your best friend’s self-care routine might not work the same for you, and that’s okay! It’s expected, even. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach, so take some time learning what you need out of your self-care and start there.
But, if you want to see what others love, start by scrolling through our bestsellers list. You never know what might jump out at you!
Mini Percussion Massager + Carrying Case
Products We Love
Let’s talk BluZen! We offer a range of products designed to enlighten, engage and ease the daily lives of many. Check out what our wellness lovers are buzzing about.
Soft Touch Mini Percussion Massager (Light Amet...The powerful multi-frequency vibration d... $49.99
We saved your cart!
Psst, do you want 10% off your
first purchase and free shipping?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.